Monday 21 November 2011

Catch Up

Although I have been working hard I haven't been able to post photos because most of what I've been doing are Christmas presents and I know the recipients check my blog occasionally.  However my pre-granddaughter does not so here is something I've made over the weekend for her.

It's a small back cushion which I thought, being pregnant, she might appreciate later on.  The buttons on the back Keith made so its a combined effort.  I used my Accuquilt cutters to cut the basic shapes but the sizes were really too large onced I'd made up the blocks so I cut a piece out of each one so now the roof is a slightly different shape.  I doubt Siobhan will notice though.  Just hope she likes the colours as to my mind they are a bit dull however she likes browns, mustards and neutrals so hopefully it will be okay.

Matty came down to show us the 'scan' photo of our new great grandchild.  To me it looked like a peanut but they are both really happy and I ended up laminating it for them.

Keith too is busy making wooden presents which he hopes to put inside wooden crackers but I think he's being a bit ambitious as he likes to take his time and do a good job. 

I'm off to Harrogate on Thursday to the Knitting and Stitching show.  Don't have a long list of 'needs or wants' but I'm sure I'll be tempted.   My friend sent me a book on Beryl Dean's work which she bought when the K&S show was at Ally Pally and I'm looking forward to seeing her work.

3 comments:

Peneller said...

Sandra and I are going up to the K&S show on Thursday so I hope we'll bump into you
Love the cushion by the way.
Penny

Penny said...

Love the cushion,
another Penny.

Ulla's Quilt World said...

Hi! Greetings from Finland! Your quilts are so fantastic! It's so nice to find other quilters all around the world! :)