Thursday 23 July 2009

It seems like life is hitting hard at the moment

It's been a hard few days but the sad news is that Mum doesn't have much longer to live. She suddenly deteriorated just after my blog and since then I've spent most of the time at her bedside. We're not sure what happened, she was doing fine but the pain was getting much worse and her pain killers much stronger. There are two thoughts a) she's had some sort of mini stroke and b) which they believe more likely the tumour she had radiotherapy for last year has spread to her spine. Fractures have appeared that weren't there previously. Either way she is far too ill to go for further investigations and there is little that can be done but to keep her comfortable.

I will get back to blogging but at the moment my incentive to do anything more than hold Mum's had has gone. Hope you all understand but watch this space, I WILL be back.

3 comments:

Sharne Gregory said...

I am so sorry that your mother is so poorly. I am thinking of you.

Jean Lennon said...

I will say a prayer for you your Mum and family. Jean

Tricks said...

My thoughts are with you at this difficult time. Take care Tricia x