The centre is transfer dyed silk and the prairy points the same transfer dyes but on cotton sateen. I only had a small bit of both so the silk had to become a panel. The flowers are handmade felt which I made some time ago and forgot about with velvet centres. Machine stitching created the flower shapes and I cut carefully round them. I wanted to use my new Bernina foot number 39C which is the updated version of the clear embroidery foot. The new version has a central hole in the plate so you can run a thread through and couch it down. It works really well. The thread I used is a Maderia Decora, a rather thick thread which I've only used in the bobbin before.
As well as May Flowers I've completed a set of postcards for the BQLPC group with the theme of "single colour - wholecloth, tints and tones".
I quilted the tops then coloured them using Derwent Inktense blocks, this time I actually made one to keep. I'll post the other swappers' postcards tomorrow when I've finished scanning them into my PC.