I've been using some of the various feet I've bought and not used frequently and trying out different stitches on my machine. I thought I would make a stitch sample fabric and use it on a bookwrap for the QGBI tombola in August.
This is the other side of the piece.
It's my sister's birthday on Saturday and I've made her a placemat and matching rugmug. She has a little grey tabby cat whom she loves dearly so I've put Milly on her mats.
My camera battery is flat and I couldn't get the whole thing in the scanner so I'm only showing the mugrug. Not particularly good fme but Lesley won't mind. I tried out a different way of binding the mugrug and placemat. Instead of sewing the binding to the right side and stitching it down on the back. I sewed it to the back and used one of my fancy stitches to sew it down on the front. Think I might try this on something bigger but I feel I would have to stabilise the binding before sewing it down.
I made this bookcover using a tutorial on the Bernina web site. It made me use the endless sewing facility on the machine, something I don't use much. I have thought of making a border on a duvet using it.
Well my hand is aching now so its time to stop for the day, speak soon.