The colours are a bit muddy in the photo, they are much brighter in real life. This bookwrap was made as I said previously using the stitches available on my machine and just doodling with them.
The next one was done in a similar way but this time I mad the base fabric using a thick thread couched down randomly and then hand embroidered in the spaces.
This is the full piece and as yet I haven't made it into a cover but hope to do so shortly.
Close ups of parts of the piece. I had great fun doing this and it reminded me of how much I enjoy hand sewing if only the fingers didn't complain so much.
Now for a confession. back in 2005 I did a wallhanging swap with a lady called Opi who lived in the Netherlands. I loved the quilt which had big daisies appliqued onto a blue sky background. After it lived on my wall for a while I took it down and stored it away. A few days ago I came across it as I was clearing out bits and pieces. It had creased and no longer suitable for hanging but I have recycled it and made two book covers for the Bookwrapgem swap. I do hope Opi forgives me for recycling her quilt and that she approves of it going for a good cause. Here they are.
Unfortunately Blogger has yet again put an angle on the photo that I did not want but you can see why I loved this wallhanging so much.
The Inside covers have daisies too.