Wednesday 5 June 2013

Just waiting for the Off

It's almost time to set off again for the awaited surgery, hope its not cancelled again.  I have to ring the ward in 30 minutes time to confirm what time they expect me in, phew.....   It's two weeks today since Keith had his stroke, he is very much better.  In fact he is back to normal except for the exhaustion.   His consultant told us he was very lucky we managed to get him to hospital in time for him to have the clot busting drug.  Thank goodness, not sure what I'd do without him.

In the meantime I have been making some small drunkard path blocks to turn into a bag to take into hospital, but never actually got any further than making the blocks.  However this morning in the post arrived a bag from Carol Jamieson, with whom I was swapping 12 inch blocks (oh I forgot I made a 12" block but didn't take a photo).  Carol had very cleverly made her block into a bag for me which is ideal to take into hospital as I am not allowed to carry anything over my shoulder.  This bag goes across the chest.

Carol's bag for me, it has a secret pocket on the front.

My Drunkard's Path blocks, as you can see this is as far as I got.

And the very last of the Crumb postcards.  This one is from Marian and she has used all Laura Ashley fabrics as a tribute to her.

Better go and pack the last bits and pieces now I have a nice new bag to put them in. See you all soon.

2 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

Will be thinking about you, Annette! Best of luck with the surgery.

Julie said...

Good luck Annette. I hope everything goes to plan and they don't cancel again. Sorry to hear about Keith but I'm glad he's ok.