Then I started looking for where I'd stacked my Gelli plates. I knew I 'd put them somewhere safe over the festive period but could I find them, course I couldn't. Now in my workroom I have an old microwave which I put there with the intention of dyeing fabric. It gets used as a cupboard. I thought I might have put them in there. What did I find in the cupboard but 40 odd scrap blocks. So I thought why not sew them together while I continue to look for my Gelli plates.
So that's what I did. I haven't bothered with sashing. I did think about it then decided to go with the flow while I still had some flow. After I'd sewn the 'hoard' together I made a start on depleting my stash of left over bits and bobs. My method of sewing them together was simple, I strip pieced them then strip pieces the bits. At times I had to trip them back to a reasonable shape, if you use odd shaped pieces such as triangles you can get some weird and wonderful blocks.
Many of these pieces are from Christmas projects. I will continue sewing my scraps together then cut them into 6.5" blocks and add them onto the 'hoard' piece. It's not much but at least its got me going again.
I've since found my Gelli plates and plan to make more prints and turn them into journals. I have an idea to make mug rugs from maps, some fabric scrap maps and Julie Mackiner has a mug bag on her Facebook page that I want to make.
So here's wishing you all a happy, healthy, creative 2015.