Monday 29 August 2011

Sorry its been so long

Again not sure where the time has gone.  My son and his finance' have moved into their first home during my 'off' time and naturally we've been helping them.  We went to see the exhbition at the Quilt Museum in  York and I really loved the "Made in Yorkshire" exhibits.  Pity you aren't allowed to take photos.  What else have I done while not talking to you well I've finished six hexagon flowers.

These are for the Hex Along (see button on side bar) at Lily's Quilts I thought I'd join in.  The centre hexies are supposed to have more of a curve on them, instead they look a bit like baby blocks.  Oh well must do better next time.

Three of us decided to make a bird from the 'Artful Bird' book and mine was a Raptor or at least it was supposed to be.


 He's sat on my windowsill frightening the moths away.

I've also been making a couple of Tilda dolls, finished one and just got the face to put on the second one which is for my sister.

 I got the book for my birthday, along with other things its this one and the one for my sister is in a bathing dress.  I'll photograph it tomorrow if I get the chance.

I've decided my 9pm curfew project (9pm being the time I usually give up sewing and Keith gives up his woodturning to actually sit and talk to each other) will be a miniture quilt.   I saw the pattern in this month's Magic Patch and is based on foundation blocks.  Its a while since I did any foundation work and as all the design side has been done for me I can just sit and sew.  Although knowing me I will probably change something.

I've started a new challenge over at Stitching Fingers Surface Design group which was started by Margaret Ramsay some time back.   The challenge is to make a wallhanging, one block a month using a different technique in each block and post a photo at the beginning of the following month.   At the end of which we should have enough blocks to make a small wallhanging.  You are welcome to come and join us.

1 comment:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

What a lot of loveliness! I'd seen thecTilda dolls in the Panduro(?) catalog, but not seen any made by 'real' people before. So many lovly things there! Are the legs difficult to turn? I love the bird, especially the feather colours, made me think of a pheonix