Wednesday 18 July 2012

Workshop with Gillian Travis

Last Saturday I spent the day with the ladies of Richmond and Leyburn EG group doing a 'Applique Houses' workshop led by Gillian Travis.  I arrived there with everything I needed except the one essential - my source photos!!  Luckily I had taken my camera and having been in Whitby the day before used one of the photos on my camera.  Has anyone tried drawing from a photo on their camera that repeatedly goes into standby mode due to inactivity?  Well its not easy but it can be done.

This was the photo I used, or rather the 8 houses on the cliff path before you head out to sea.  And this is what I ended up with after the weekend, still lot

Sorry but Blogger has turned the photo and I've tried several times to put it the right way up.   If you are wondering where the Abby is - I left it out.  The colours, well Gillian's requirement list said 'fabrics of similar colours'  Mine were yellows.   I still have a lot of stitching to do on it.  



This is what the others did, all have work to finish on them, you never get a project finished do you.

This house is taken from a drawing done by Judy's granddaughter.




Blogger has, once again,  turned several of the above the boat photo was taken portrait orientation.  You can see that there is a lot of variety in the houses.   I have several more photos of the day but I'm going to give up for the day, maybe tomorrow Blogger will behave better.

No comments: