July has added background stitching and some tiny butterflies made from shrink plastic. I've used more of the transfer dyed sateen pieces to make the prairie points. I had to join two pieces of metal to make the long stork as they just don't make lager cans long enough!!
I've used a Sizzix die on this one to add the weed at the bottom. The center of the flower was rolled through a crimpler in both directions as I wanted it to have a seedhead feel to it. My leaves aren't quite sunflower shaped but then neither is the one in our garden which is what I used for a model. Our sunflower is also only 18" high, not sure what we did but the poor thing just isn't growing. I blame the weather.
Both JP's are hand quilted in running stitch.
However it proved illusive and in the end my piece didn't look anything like I'd planned. In fact it looked more like Monet's 'Water Lily' painting so this is what it ended up being.