Sunday 11 November 2012

Where has all the time gone

Well a lot has been taken up with visits to hospital.  I've ha dmy MRI scan to check out the status of my PIP implant.  It was not as uncomfortable as a mammogram but not pleasant because you are enclosed in a very noise machine.  For this particular MRI had had to lay face down, not the most comfortable position and it took 35 minutes in all.  I was told it would take 15 but then is anything ever straight forward.  I get my results this week but I'm not expecting any unpleasant surprises.  Will let you know what they are later.

In the meantime I've been catching up with my Christmas cards and knitting a sweater and cardigan with reindeer on for Flynn, will put up photos once I've taken them, I need to sew buttons on first.

But here are my cards, I've made 40 so far just got another 10 to do.


I've made lace snowflakes for some cards, used my Big Shot to cut out tree on others.  I was given a layered tree for my birthday and I love it.   I bought some 'Sparkle Medium' from Imagination Crafts at the Creative Craft show I went to with my son and dil and used it with a tree stencil (front and right).  I got better at putting the medium on, the first couple were a bit thick and smudged but the others turned out oka.   I also doodled (zentangled) some card and cut other trees out.  I think I might make the res tof the cards using the layered tree as so far that is my favourite, or I might use more lace snowflakes I have about 20 left over!!!  Think I went a bit mad there.

3 comments:

Julie said...

The MRI sounds scary and uncomfortable, don't think I'd fancy it. Hope you get a clear result. I am impressed by the number of cards you have made, especially the lace ones. A great selection!

McIrish Annie said...

I've had one of those MRI face down with your arms out like you are superman. Hope all turns out well.

Your cards are absolutely fabulous! Love the layered tree, zentangle and snowflakes. you have been a busy girl

Nicola said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed for your results.

You put me to shame with your cards. They are brilliant.