Wednesday 22 May 2013

Day out

Last night my dh me if I fanced a day out tomorrow.   What he hadn't said was that the day out would start with a ride in an ambulance with flashing lights and a howling siren.  Keith had a stroke this morning and we've spent the day in the Stroke Unit at Durham.   Marc, Simon and Alix have all been with me and together we've rejoiced as slowly the droopy face and slurred speech improved.

He's not totally back to normal but tomorrow will tell whether or not he has recovered all functionality. I am quietly confident he will have.  I just hope he doesn't ask me again if I fancy a day out.

2 comments:

Penny said...

Thinking of you. Things dont seem to be going to plan at the moment, I just hope it will improve.

McIrish Annie said...

OHH Annette, boy you guys have been on a bumpy road lately. You are all in my thoughts. After the rain, the rainbow.