Monday 1 December 2014

Christmas sewing

Actually got down to do some sewing.  I was asked to make a Christmas Stocking for my friend's grandson and thought it a good reason to use up some of my Christmas fabric stash.

The sharp eyed of you will see that I've cut the main stocking fabric upside down!!!  These stockings take up much more fabric than I anticipated and naturally I didn't have enough to re-cut it.  I thought I'd make one for Flynn.  I do have quite a large stash of Christmas fabrics but most of them were fat quarters so Flynn's had to be a strippy one.

Flynn's is also slightly smaller,  I found some fun Laurel Burch fabric for the cuff, pity there wasn't enough to make the whole sock in.  I think I'm going to enjoy filling it with Santa presents.

I am also making several small snap-top bags to hold stocking fillers for the offspring.  I have one finished and another six to make.  They are all cut out and the metal ruler pieces (from a retractable metal tape measure) are all cut out too.  Actually I've made several of these before and my lovely Keith cut up two of his tapes so I could have a supply of pieces whenever I needed them.  Thank you my love.

Don't know why Blogger has decided to post this picture upside down, its was the right way up when I imported it, hmm.  Still you get the picture.

Took Buster for a walk alongside the River Tees, he knows the way his friend Mark takes him out sometimes.  The path ended at the style and Buster is waiting for me to cross it.  No hope Buster, it was raining and that path is wet and slippy at the best of times.  There were some swans on the river, just about discernible on the right hand side.

And finally my virtual friend Pauline sent me this lovely postcard because she has enjoyed swapping with me.  I was very touched and shall treasurer her card. Thank you again Pauline.


No comments: