Wednesday 26 December 2007

Christmas Joy

Christmas is over and all the hussle and bussle that goes with it. Now I can show photos of what I've been doing. They were all presents and didn't put them up beforehand otherwise some would have peeped and known what they were going to get.

The photos aren't too good and have a colourcast to them that I've found difficult to get rid of. The little shopping bag was for Julie my younger son's girlfriend. It's actually pink and purple being her favourite colours and I thought it would be cute to put her lunch in to take to work.
This dolly bag one with handembroidery is for my mil who is now happily settled in her new nursing home. We left her old handbag at her last home as it was dirty and greasy. She seems to have forgotten about it so I'm hoping she likes this one. If she continues as she has done she'll fill it with birthday, Christmas cards, photos and odds and sods she picks up. This bag though will be able to go through the wash just hope she likes it.
Mum's bag has a lime green lining so she can see the contents easier than the usual black lining. I've made the handle longer so she can wear it across the chest thus leaving her hands free to hold onto her walking sticks. It's one of Susa Glenn's patterns.
Finally I've finished the lap quilt I made for the coffee table. It has a blue overcast the colours are black/white prints with cream on cream prints. My dh bought me a beautiful black/white Christmas table decoration that looks really good on it.

At the moment my machine is stored away in it's Horn cabinet awaiting the removal of the Christmas tree. It came back from being serviced a few days before Christmas and I must say it sews much better than when I first bought it. They found a few problems with it and it's had the Bernina firmware update so I'm hoping to love it at last.

Yesterday (Christmas Day) 14 of our family had dinner at our local tavern. It was lovely to see everyone again and we had a great meal and even greater time together. Today I'm wacked, going to see mil this afternoon and take her presents then come home and put my feet up and slob out in front of the tv with my knitting.

No comments: