Saturday 29 December 2007

New Year Challenges

I'm taking the easy way out this year and resolving to do things I enjoy doing, rather than something I need to do. I'm taking SharonB's "Take it further" challenge and "ChoosedayChallenge" groups and I am really looking forward to doing this. I hope to put some of the 'thinking and skills' I learned when I did my city & guilds work into these challenges. One other thing I wanted to do for a while is make a monthly journal page then create a book of these pages at the end of the year.

For the past few years I've made fabric postcards and other mixed media articles but have wanted to take art quilting just a bit further along with mixed media art. I really feel these challenges are jsut what I need to stimulate the old creative brain cells, at least I hope so.

The other resolution for 2008 is one I really have to make (and keep) that's to really control my blood sugar. Being diabetic on insulin with all it's complications is beginning to hit home, especially as I something I could do with my eyes closed (walk several miles without any problems) is now a real issue for me. For the past few years I've walked with a group of friends on Tuesday up to 10miles. Now I can do a couple of miles, slowly, by which time claudication sets in. I can no longer keep up with my friends, some of whom are in their 80's!! My consultant says it's a common problem with diabetics so I will control my BM better and continue to walk to make sure it doesn't get any worse.

Dh and I intended going out today but torrential rain set in and we both fell asleep in front of the telly. Good job it's not yet 2008!! Completely lost track of the days at the moment we seem to have had two weeks this week.

No comments: