Saturday 29 October 2011

Bowes Challenge

Our very small textile art group has challenged each other to create a piece of work based on photos we took of the outside of Bowes Museum in Barnard Castle.  I missed the joint photo day out we had arranged but went along earlier this week to take my photos and get the creative juices flowing.  I've been concentrating recently on quilting projects, mainly Christmas presents and now feel the need to do something else.

I've played a bit in Photoshop with this one, thinking of doing something on the embellisher and hand stitching.

Part of the gate ironwork

 It was difficult to get a clear picture of the formal garden at the front because of the different levels.


When we set off the day was sunny but by the time we got to Bowes it was threatening rain so everything looked a bit dull.

One other piece of news, I'm about to become a great grandmother next year.
My grandson Matthew and his girlfriend Siobhan are to be the proud parents.   I'm trying not to become too excited at the moment as its still a long way off but I am looking at baby quilts.

2 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Lovely photos, and good luck with the challenge, but CONGRATULATIONS on the real bit of news, how exciting. Hope all goes well!

Julie said...

That looks an interesting challenge Annette.

Congratulations on your prospective great grand child. Surely you're too young?! :-)