I've been feeling very unmotivated recently but Maggie's workshop has galvanised me into life. My sample is a bit grubby and crumpled but I've had fun creating it and will use the techniques I think in one of the yellow journal pages.
Something else I'll be using in one of the yellow JP's is prairie points. I made several using transfer painted sateen which was a nightmare to fold. However I got over that by making myself a simple template to fold the fabric over and iron it into place. Somewhere on the web I'd seen a metal template that you placed the fabric over and ironed it down. I cut the corner off a piece of card at 45 degrees and used this in the same way, similar to a template for sewing mitres. This worked a treat, I just had to make sure my fingers weren't too near the point when I placed the iron down.
I soon had quite a few prairie points, being sateen and slippy I had to put a single stitch in at the bottom of the fold to stop them springing apart.
Now all I have to do with them is decide how to use them. I have several more pieces of transfer painted sateen if I want to make more but I think I might need to use asbestos gloves next time.