Sunday 2 February 2014

Bit more creative

 
 
Its a while since I last did anything reasonably creative but I had a sampler to make for a swap based on machine and/or hand embroidery.   I started this piece and got carried away.  Its a mixture of machine and hand stitches with added beading.  Unfortunately its too large for the swap so I will just have to force myself to keep it lol.
 
A closer look at some of the stitches. 


I really enjoyed myself and got totally immersed in the stitching.  I might even do a small series in different colours. 
 
Doing this piece (and I now have a commission from my dil to make a large one for her living room) has given me the motivation to do what I love most - create.   But things aren't easy at the moment, Keith is okay but still not well and I want to spend as much time with him as possible.  Soooooo that's where one of you might be able to help.  I have a Samsung tablet and Keith has an Ipad I can use (he's not well enough to use it himself at the moment).  Does anyone know of a good program I can use on either of these tablets that I can download that would allow me to do a bit of digital art as a source for future creativity?  If so could you please let me know.  
 
It's Sy's birthday today and he had a party last night, we had Buster overnight again so one spoiled dog.   He made a meal for his friends with a Mexican theme complete with a six foot plastic palmtree ice bucket.....

No comments: