Friday 27 June 2014

Black and White sensory toy

My god daughter's new baby was very premature and has a few health problems.  His eyes are giving concern at the moment and she asked me if I could make him something to hang on his cot.  High contrast designs had been recommended by his paediatrician.  I did a bit of googling and came up with these.







They aren't perfect but I think they will do for now.  I made ribbon tags so they could be hung separately and so that she can alter the sequence.  The other side of the blocks have high contrast black and white fabrics, all different.  

In addition to these I've finally finished my June swap card "June brings Tulips, Lilies, Roses"  My little angle (lily) is bringing tulips and roses.

I created this one in Paintshop Pro using some scrapbook papers and elements I had previously bought.  I did a bit of stitching on the card, this is the background so the sewing hasn't been done on this one.

I also finished Marian's birthday card, she wanted a green one but I stupidly sent it to the wrong address so now I have to remake the card.


I even put the wrong name on it, duh obviously I was having a bad day.  Still got a couple more cards to do for this month which I hope to get done over the weekend.  I think Buster is missing Keith as he doesn't like me out of his sight.  He cries and whines if I'm not in his view after 30 minutes.   He doesn't like being in my sewing room, not enough floor space for him to sprawl out without me falling over him.  We've been for a long walk this morning over the fields and he was a very happy boy chasing butterflies.

2 comments:

jenclair said...

What a great idea. I love all of them!

Julie said...

Your cot hangers will be perfect!