Wednesday 10 September 2014

Mystery Weekend


Not a mystery any more,  We set off on Saturday morning and after a pleasant spell on Otley for the mid morning break we arrived in Skipton for lunch.  After which we stayed in a lovely hotel just outside of Wakefield.   Next morning we set off for a day in York.   For me it was a bit like taking coals to Newcastle as I am very familiar with both places, Keith and I went there quite regularly.  But Anne had never been to either Skipton or York before so was delighted.  The good thing about being familiar with the places is that we didn't waste time trying to find the best places to visit.

 We ate lunch at Bizzy Lizzies down by the canal side.  Great fish and chips and a lovely view.;
 Anne poses on Lendle Bridge, below is the River Ouse.  It was very quiet that day with not a lot of activity on the river but great views.
 York Minster is stunning but there was a service going on so we were not allowed inside at the time of our arrival there.   We went to the Treasurer's House which is round the back of the Minster.

 I would have liked to have had another look inside the Barley Hall, one of the many Guild Halls in the city.  It's a while since I last visited but Anne was getting tired and as she has heart problems I thought I'd have a return trip another day on my own.
Part of the ruins in Museum Park,   Love the arches I must do something with this photo.

No comments: