Monday 29 September 2014

Paypal

I found another payment to Paypal using the same reference and mandate numbers.  I rang my bank this morning, who were very helpful and refunded the payment.  They gave me the contact number for Paypal so I could speak directly to them, which I did.   They went through my recent purchases and advised me which sellers related to each debit and I agreed I had indeed purchased items from these people.   I asked whether it was company policy to lump everything bought under one payment reference number.  They agreed it was odd and also agreed to look into it.  From our conversation that the undisputed item was one purchased and delivered by courier.  The disputed ones are all downloads.

They refused to close my account until they are certain the suppliers have been paid.  But my account is at zero and has been for some time.  I won't be using Paypal again at least not until I get an explanation as to why all the deductions have been made under the same payment reference number and attached to a direct debit which is clearly for one item only.

In the meantime Buster and I are going for a walk to cool down.

No comments: