Tuesday 30 October 2007

Photos (or lack of them!!!)



I've been having difficulty uploading photos onto my blog but managed to get these two okay.
The little purse is from Lynne on the UKembellisher group and it's beautiful. I'm really pleased with it. As a bonus she also sent me some goodies to play with. The larger photo is a Journal Page I've just completed for Ann in France as part of the Surface Design groups "colour" trades. It represents blue, the emotions attached to it and in particular the song Blue Moon that always leaves me feeling a bit lonely. Many years ago in my mid twenties I travelled overland to Khathamdhu and en-route we went through two deserts in Iran, the Great Sand and the Great Salt deserts. Not sure which one we were in but one night I was laid in my sleeping bag watching shooting stars. The sky was immense and a really rich velvety navy blue when somewhere in the dark one of our party started playing Blue Moon on his clarinet. It was really haunting and full of emotion. It was the first and only time I felt homesick for my family and friends back home and I wasn't the only one in our group to feel that way. Since then Blue Moon always conjures up memories of that night in the desert.
I have a confession to make, this is the 'lack of photos' bit, not sure what I did but I went to upload my photos from my camera onto my pc. I was looking at them on the pc whilst the photos were still on my sim card. But I hit the wrong button and instead of copying the whole lot into a file on the pc I lost the lot!!!!!! Tried all ways to get them back, my son look at hidden files etc but as I hadn't actually transferred the photos I had managed to cut the out of the sim card on the camera and moved them into the ether.
Good bit of news though is my elder son is now an BEng he's worked really hard for this degree and as he's severely dyslexic we're very proud of all his hard work. Well done Marc and if there is anyone else out there who is dyslexic, don't give up you CAN succeed and don't let anyone say you can't. It's his birthday next month so think he deserves something special.

1 comment:

Ann O'Donovan UK said...

Wow! The blue piece is absolutely astonishing-you are one very clever lady! It just sums up the feelings and mood perfectly.
Ann