Sunday 7 October 2007

Sunshine and Showers

My little mermaid that I made to sit inside the seahorse bowl took first prize in my EG 'RoseBowl' challenge. I was very surprised but delighted and I know just where the £10 book voucher will be spent on.

Great day all round on Saturday not only did I get a first (first time I've won anything) but my sister called unexpected to see me. We sat in the garden in the sun chatting, it was lovely to see her.


Today we took mum to the lake district as she loves to go there in the autumn to see the beautiful colours on the trees. We set out in the sunshine and stopped in Keswick by the lake and had lunch. After lunch we went up Whinlatter Pass for the views over Bassenthwaite. We noticed the clouds seemed to be dropping and decided we'd go back and drive round the lake.
The heavens opened and we could hardly see a thing. Such a change from yesterday. We thought we'd go back towards Penrith and come back over Alston Moor and through Teesdale. I'm sure the views at Hartside are wonderous but we couldn't see them had a hard time seeing the road as we drove through a cloud. When we finalled dropped down low enough to go underneath the cloud it was raining hard. Still mum enjoyed the trip out.


On the way to Keswick we stopped to watch the farmer and his dogs bringing the sheep down from the fells. He had a quadbike on the other side of the road behind me taking the photo. He said he had thousands of acres of moorland with sheep all over and the dogs feet got sore with all the miles they have to travel so he makes room for them on his quadbike. I didn't get a photo of them (I forgot to take my camera!!!) but he managed to get all four dogs on it.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Well done on your first prize! I don't know why you were so surprised your mermaid is just gorgeous!