I tried to get as many red and white fabrics as I could, my stash is now much smaller. I cut out the circles and hearts with my Accuquilt and sewed a different stitch pattern round each one, some I liked others not sure of. But I've got the done in time for dinner tonight.
One other thing I've finished is a Biscurnu pincushion. I've been looking at the pattern in the Embroiderers' Guild 'Stitch magazine for some time now. It was one of those patterns I wanted to do just for the fun of making something an odd shape. I even took it away on holiday with me but then never took it out of my project box. A friend of mine said she was making one and this prompted me to actually do something about it. It took me two evenings to complete and I used two different random threads, both perle 12 but sewn together with a matching perle 12. The fabric is 18 ct even weave.
I joined the Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge and have completed it so far but not shown the stitches. This is because I haven't done much else but the basic stitches on a monoprinted fabric. But I will as soon as I get to the bottom of the piece of fabric, nearly there.