Tuesday 14 February 2012

Valentine's Day

Hope you have all had a loving Valentine's Day, I only just finished our placemats in time, phew.

I tried to get as many red and white fabrics as I could, my stash is now much smaller.  I cut out the circles and hearts with my Accuquilt and sewed a different stitch pattern round each one, some I liked others not sure of.  But I've got the done in time for dinner tonight.

One other thing I've finished is a Biscurnu pincushion.  I've been looking at the pattern in the Embroiderers' Guild 'Stitch magazine for some time now.  It was one of those patterns I wanted to do just for the fun of making something an odd shape.  I even took it away on holiday with me but then never took it out of my project box.  A friend of mine said she was making one and this prompted me to actually do something about it.  It took me two evenings to complete and I used two different random threads, both perle 12 but sewn together with a matching perle 12.  The fabric is 18 ct even weave.




I joined the Take a Stitch Tuesday challenge and have completed it so far but not shown the stitches.  This is because I haven't done much else but the basic stitches on a monoprinted fabric.  But I will as soon as I get to the bottom of the piece of fabric, nearly there.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Cute placemats! Happy Valentine's to you, too.

Unknown said...

Love your placemats!