Sunday 18 March 2012

Whose a lucky girl then..

Here in the UK today is Mothering Sunday where it is traditional for children to present their parent with a small gift. I was over the moon with my Mothering Sunday goodies from my sons and their partners.

 Simon and Julie invited the family to dinner and backed individual sponge cakes for me and Julies mum.
 This is a charm for my bracelet, its a silver basket but it looks red in the picture, this was from Sy and Julie.
 Marc and Alix came armed with fat quarters, I'm training them well....
Together with three hanks of really soft yarn to knit a bag.  This is going to be my holiday project when we go to Wales in May.


I have been doing a bit of sewing since I last blogged.  My niece gave birth to a baby girl at the beginning of March.  She came early as my niece had problems with rising blood pressure so it was all hands to the pumps to get her baby gift ready.  I made baby Charlotte Grace a floor quilt.   The picture taken is of the top but I have now quilted and bound it and sent it on its way.  Unfortunately I forgot to take a photo of the finished article.  The pattern can be found in Lynne Edwards book "Stash Busters". 

1 comment:

Suztats said...

Glad you had a Happy Mother's Day! Love that floor quilt.