Saturday 31 March 2012

Curved piecing swaps

One of the swap themes for March on the BQLPC list was curved piecing and as I love piecing curves this was right up my street.  I've posted photos of my postcard for this swap before but just to remind you here it is again.
And here is the rest of the set:

 Janet Boorman's was the first to arrive, well before I'd finished mine.  I love this block.
Another Jan, this time Jan Simmons has created curved seams with embellished seam lines, I love the fabrics in this one.

 Alice Gray's card reminds me of fields as seen from above and she has used the same sequine flowers as me.  We must shop in the same outlets.
 Don't you just love these fabrics and the hand stitching.  Sue Wild has used some of her precious African fabrics for this postcard and there is even a small piece on the address side.
Irene Turnbull's card simple sings with colour and curves I love the wildness of it.

I store these cards like this:
I use supermarket folders, the type you buy to store their recipes in, usually only pence and sew a strip of heavy weight vilene, pelmet vilene type along the edge of the card.  By punching holes in the vilene you can store them easily.  I find this size is ideal for taking along to show friends as they take up little room in your bag.   If anyone would be interested in a tutorial just let me know and I'll do one.

No comments: