Wednesday 5 March 2014

At last photos of Julie's throw

At last got to the bottom why my photos wouldn't load - I wasn't using Google Chrome, swapped browsers and low and behold there were my photos.  We are making headway with Julie's throw (I call it Julie's as Sy doesn't really care what colour it is or what pattern).  


These are the colours she chose, there also one or two fat quarters included in the same shade range.


The pattern she chose was, I think, called Hidden Stars and comprise of two basic blocks.  One a four patch and one a rectangle with a flying geese block attached.  I think the stars are hidden in the corners when they are all put together.  We will have to wait and see whether our stars come out to play.


Julie was keen to get involved in making the throw so to make things easy for her we used the Accuquilt to cut out the block parts.  I think Julie enjoyed cutting the out as we now have enough pieces to make a King sized quilt and one for Buster!!

Keith hasn't been too well of late, mainly down to the shock of him having had two falls.  Thankfully though he has been improving over the last couple of days.   His leg muscles are still quite weak due to steroids and his ongoing spinal problems. The outcome is that he will now be walking with a stick and has been referred for a wheelchair. He wasn't keen on the idea of either stick or wheelchair but after the pain of the last couple of weeks is more amenable to the prospect. It will mean that he can come for walkies with Buster and me and drive one of those buggies round the supermarket - oh the joys of having a blue badge.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm glad you got the blue badge, it will help make life a little easier. I should get one of those wheelchairs you can ride on the back of ;-)