Tuesday 7 October 2008

The Patient is back home

Just a quick word today as Keith has been in hospital for the last couple of days undergoing spinal surgery for his trapped nerves in his spine. He had his op yesterday and today I brought him home. He's got lots of 'don't do's' of which the major one is 'don't bend forward' 'don't pick up anything from the floor' don't life anything heavy. He asked what they considered heavy and was told "a half filled kettle". He hasn't to sit for more than 20 mins at a time but he can stand, lay down or walk around as much as he likes. Guess I'll be doing a bit of running around for the next few weeks. We're really hoping this will resolve his pain problems so keep your fingers crossed.

I've tried to do some sewing but have failed miserably as I just couldn't concentrate. Better give it a try now.

3 comments:

Heather said...

I have just discovered your blog and hope to find it again - I can't remember how I got here! Hope Keith is making a good recovery. Being in constant pain is no easy thing to live with. Have a gold star for all that housework even if you didn't use the right product. I love your seam treatments - all my favourite colours and beautiful stitching. The journals are gorgeous and the September arch is lovely too. Keep up the good work and thankyou for sharing it.

Julie said...

You certainly have your plate full Annette. I hope the surgery has a really good outcome. Fingers crossed here.

Genie said...

Hope all goes well for the DH and you, dont work too hard, Hope your Muse returns soon