Tuesday 21 October 2008

Sept Journal Page

Well here it is at last my September Journal Page for the CQ JP Challenge. I name that tune "Lily the Pink" sang by The Scaffold, why did I always think it was the Beatles? This is the second one I've made but the last one I destroyed by painting over it. I used a cheap metallic paint instead of an acrylic or emulsion paint and it looked as though I'd dipped it in a chip pan. I'm happier with this version and I also to to try multipage printing. That is creating a large image and telling the printer to print it over four sheets. I was really pleased with the way it came out. I used commercial fabric for the printer which is a bit expensive so I sent the sheets back through the printer using space on the pages to print out the text. I actually printed out the whole verse but couldn't fit on the last line ("most efficacious in every way") onto the quilt without spoiling the layout. All I have to do now is decide on this month's JP theme. It looks more mauve/lilac here but it is actually pink. The last two grid cards came in this morning's post - Suduko by Brigitte and
a revealing grid (reveals a fabric print) by Christine. Brigitte must know I love suduko but I don't like to spoil the card by filling in the blanks. Christine always manages to come up with something different and its a real fun card, I want to poke my fingers in the holes - slap those hands!!!

I've got so much work done today because I haven't been out walking with Keith today. I declined in favour of catching up on some sewing. Tomorrow is Jan's appointment with the gynaecologist and biopies. Hope its not another week of waiting for results before we find out just what is wrong with her. Keith also has his appointment tomorrow with the physiotherapist and he has high hopes that they'll let him do more than he can at the moment. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that its good new for both of them.

3 comments:

Lynne said...

Lovely journal page Annette. Deep in the far places of my mind I seem to recall that one of The Scaffold was a brother or relation of a Beatle!! But I could be wrong.

Gina said...

Love the Journal quilt.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Adele Thomas said...

I love your Lily the Pink JP! It has sent me on a quest to find out about The scaffold now and to hear the song :D