Sunday, 15 July 2007







Been busy all day trying to get the padfolio I made on the Babylock embellisher finished. It took longer than I expected mainly due to family committments.




Apart form the lining and pockets inside and the cord the whole thing was made from fabric made on the embellisher. The cutwork also is felted fabrics. I used a pattern from Kathleen Laurel Sage's book "Butterflies and Flowers". It was more difficult to solder out than using the organza's Kathleen and Margaret Beal use but fun and I think effective.




Next time I do tags for cord ends this way though I'll leave more room to manouver than I did for this one.


I also made a small purse as I wanted to try felting the edges together and drawing a rough shape from the back of the fabric. Drawing on the back of the piece pushes the fabrics through to the front and creates interesting patterns. See what you think

1 comment:

Joanna van said...

Annette, I love what you've done. I bet this padfoilo is even more brillant in person.

Joanna