Monday 10 March 2008

Finished my March Challenge

I haven't done much sewing, or anything else, over the past week my family have kept me on my toes and running. I did however manage to finish the BQL March bag challenge, a stripey shopper. I changed it slightly as I wanted one to take on holiday that would serve as a carry-on bag. The striped piece along the bottom I turned into a series of pockets. I've also added longer handles and reforced these with an extra middle strip. I wanted something that I could wear either over the shoulder or across the chest. The handles are not sewn for the top 4" allowing me to turn the top down, making a smaller or larger bag as desired.
BQL March Challenge bag.

I've been having problems recently with emails not getting to where they are supposed to go and emails not being received by me so if anyone is expecting an email from me but haven't received one I apologise. I've also been experiencing problems getting Blogger to upload more than one photo not sure whether anyone else has had this problem. I'll have to upload photos in separate posts.

Family update, My Mum's 92nd birthday lunch had to be cancelled as she was too weak following yet another nose bleed and a bout of sickness and diarrhoea. Dh Keith also succumbed to the dreaded bug but was well enough to go back to work today. Mil is still in hospital but her fluid intake now is under control and she's comfortable.

I'm feeling virtuous tonight as I've done all my ironing leaving me free tomorrow afternoon to play, fingers crossed that there are no more emgencies looming.

No comments: