Tuesday 8 April 2008

Goodies from the postman

The postman brought me a lovely surprise yesterday an apron from Fibre&Stitch zine. I had forgotten about it so I was delighted when I opened the package, the apron was my prize from the Recipe challenge. It's come just in time for me to take with me when I go to Ushaw College on the 18th. I'm booked on Toni Handley's "gorgeous gardens" course that she's running as part of the EG's Spring School. I'm really looking forward to this and hoping my breathing will be back to normal by then. This is me in my 'sewing area' wearing the f&S apron. As you can see I don't have a lot of space I really envy those people with room to spread. I've used up all the wall and floor space next step the ceiling!!
Another good by post this morning is this paper pendant from Marcia DesRosiers. The photo does not show the colours in their true glory as there is too much reflection from the beads. I took the flash off when taking the picture and its better than the first couple I took but still a bit washed out.

I've had to order a new cutting mat as my old one is only fit for the dustbin. EverytimeI try to cut out I leave almost as much fabric in the mat as on it. Anyone got any good ideas for recycling cutting mats?

1 comment:

McIrish Annie said...

Hi Annette! Love your clever journal pages. My hubby would truly love them as he is a real music lover. I agree about the two wine glasses and love that you used the lines of the glass for the echo quilting. Glad you are feeling better!