Monday 21 April 2008

Ushaw weekend 2

Everywhere you go in Ushaw is design. This photo shows the paintwork on the columns outside St Cutherber's church. This is a piece of the wallpaper in one of the small side altars.
Floor tiles in the same small chapel. The floor tiles in Ushaw are a quilters paradise.
Close up of one of Toni's painted and fme embroideries.
Some of my bits and pieces, not very inspiring but the one on the top left I'm in the process of turning into a fabric postcard which I'll show later when I've finished it.
Talking about fabric postcards I've been persuaded to stand in for our May speaker who's dropped out due to other commitments. I'm to give a talk on fabric postcards and as we have all been asked to produce some of your Spring School work for the Regional Meeting in May I'd better get a move on.

2 comments:

jovaliquilts said...

Lovely tiles! I have quite a photo collection of floor tiles I've seen and loved, and one day I plan to get a quilt out of them.

Unknown said...

Hi

Agree Ushaw is beautiful..I;ve spent hours there sketching and photographing the designs (I have a thing about Pugin!) Looks like you had a great time on the course :)