Saturday, 14 June 2008

More of the same

Not sure what I did but I lost this picture for the last posting again this is day 3 - french knots, straight stitch and chain to create flower bunches. Day 4 was fun - Herringbone stitch whipped then beads added to the centre.
Day 5 - bullions, fly, straight and chain stitch with beads.

Day 6 - motif I drew the flower and filled in the petals with satin stitch the centre was outlined in back stitch and filled in with stab stitch. Stalk, running stitch, leaves cretan stitch.

I'm not really into crazy patchwork but loved the seam treatment so much I wanted to have a go. I found some log cabin blocks left over from a baby quilt that I was going to make into a wall hanging. I've decided to used these for the 100 stitches challenge then when I've finished I'll turn it into a wall hanging, it should be pretty. The blocks are lilac and cream so most of my stitching will be monochromatic or receding colours (greens, blues and violets). At least that's what I think now it may change when I get further into the challenge.

1 comment:

McIrish Annie said...

looks like you are having a good time with 100 stitches. Can't wait to see how this all works out.