Friday 27 June 2008

What happened to June?

I was sure there was another week left to go in June so I was caught napping when I realised the date. My 'Delphinium' card is in response to the ArtsntheMail 'Yo-Yo challenge' The background is handpainted Evolon. It has a lovely feel to it a bit like suede and can be dyed, painted, burned in the same was as Lutradur. I painted this wet so the colours would run and was quite pleased with it. The yo-yo's are cotton and I've coloured them with Inktense pencils and run a damp brush over the colour to take out the pencil lines and smudge the colour. Seed beads and french knots in the centre with a bit of running stitch up one side.






Had a busy couple of days cleaning and cooking and generally getting things back to normal. One highlight of the week was meeting Jennifer one of the ladies I swap with privately. She was on her way to Galashields and as they were staying overnight close to where I live called in for a coffee. We had a very pleasant morning talking about sewing and various swaps and methods we use. However all goods things come to an end and too soon her husband was outside waiting to continue their journey to see their daughter and new baby.

Talking about new babies my friend's daughter had a little boy this morning, Oliver - Welcome Oliver can't wait to see you.

The postman has been very kind to me again this selection is from Brigitte in France and her 'Le Petit Prince' , Ingrid and her orphan block remnant from a Kimono wallhanging



















These final two are - from Cindy a card with serged seams from the inside of jeans. I like this one its very textural and a creative way of using up the overlocked/serged seams on old trousers. The final two are "The Velvet Rabbin" from Cindy and In the Garden from Paula. I've just realised I haven't uploaded my June Arch from Jan Lewis so I'll have to do that tomorrow.




















Mum is home for the weekend, tired but happy and I'll go over to see her tomorrow in the meantime I need to get on with the rest of this months challenges etc.

No comments: