Tuesday 29 July 2008

Lazy afternoon in Durham city

Went to Durham this afternoon with Sy, who took some lieu time to take me. I wanted some fabric for the baby floormats and thought I'd have a look in the Quilters' Cupboard. I also wanted to stock up on beads from LeBeado (not Beadazzle!). I didn't see any fabric I liked but I did buy lots of beads.

When I woke up this morning it was raining but by the time the afternoon came round the sun was out again and the temperature rose. You can't see them in this photo but there were scuba divers in the river below the bridge. Every now and again you'd see their bubbles and a flash of a yellow wetsuit. You can see Durham Castle and one tower of the Cathedral.
This is the Castle, well part of it and is onet of the residential quarter for the University.

We sat at the side of the bridge in the first photo which is just below the castle and had Raspberry Mocha Frappe. Neither of us could decide whether we liked them or not, we didn't dislike them but they certainly had a very strange aftertaste, but as the day was really hot by that time we appreciated their coldness.

Although I didn't come back any fabric I couldn't resist this tiny cushion.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I've never been to Durham but have heard that it's a beautiful city. That little cushion is beautiful, easy to understand why you couldn't resist!