Sunday 20 July 2008

Meet the Button Babes

Several months ago there was a pattern available for these Button Babes in WorkshopontheWeb
The pattern had been used to raise funds for survivors of the Indonesian Sunami. The aim was to buy enough sewing machines to allow the locals to set up their own workshop and support themselves. The raised enough to buy 76 sewing machines and after this they offered the pattern to others to use to raise funds for charity. I made dozens of these little ladies and gave them to the home my mil was in for their Alzheimer appeal. I was left with several half finished ladies and when the July theme for my private swap was 'Accessories' I thought I'd put them to good use. So here are my four beautiful button babes adorned in their sapphire and emerald necklaces. There is a pin in the back so the babes can be taken off and worn as adornments or hung as an accessory on a bag etc. Christine, Cindy, Jennifer and Brigitte meet 'Mad Molly'.

1 comment:

TracyB said...

LOVE your button gals!! (Think I like them better than the dottee dolls that I'm seeing out there!!!)