Wednesday 9 January 2008

Bags and Swaps

These two fabric postcards arrived on my doorstep this morning and very welcome they were too. The multi-coloured card is from Aynsley McKay and she created it for the integrated inchies swap on Surface Design. The monochrome card is from Tracy Border and made as her response to the Flower Foot swap. I must admit I've been very remiss and haven't even started my Flower Foot cards yet. I think I'll have to start them next.

Not done as many swaps over the last few weeks as I really want to make an art quilt. I have a few journal pages in the pipeline but no quilt.

I made this carrier bag from the pattern on the BQL group. This year there is to be a Bag Challenge and this is January's. I made it from some glitzy denim and lined it with plain cotton. The bag folds up into its own pocket - a bit like a quillow. Unfortunately although the bag does go into the pocket the denim is really a bit too heavy for it to go in easily. Also the glitzy bits fall off. I was making it to give to my friend who is off to New Zealand for a month. Thought a bag that folds could come in useful to bring my present back. Only kidding Judy really don't want one.


I'll have to make another one to give to her. We're off to Durham tomorrow to see an exhibition. Can't for the life of me remember where, think it's the Oriental Museum, nor can I remember what we're going to see. I'm sure we'll enjoy the day out whatever it is.

My Mum is entralled in her "Betty's" book its bringing a lot of memories back. I'll have to take her to Betty's in Northallerton, which is only a 40 minute drive away from us but will keep that in mind for when she is having a 'down' day.


Bag when folded up into the pocket.

No comments: