Friday 4 January 2008

Finished the quilt cover at last. The fabric was quite difficult to work with, very slippy but pretty. It came as a suit bundle from BombayStores one length of patterned (photo) and one length of matching plain.

I used one length of patterned as a panel on the front with borders of plain. I also used the plain as a back. Doubt it'll stay on the bed but is what they wanted.


Selection of Christmas goodies, Ipod docking station so I can listen to my audiobooks while I work and when I've finished I have something to read.

My main present this year was my camera I got a Panasonic Lumix DMC FX33. Playing with it at the moment, trying out the different light settings and the macro. Blue flowers are a close up of a small cushion I have. Took the flower pots in the garden tonight with the security lighting on but although the camera has a picture stabiliser as automatic it took quite a time for the shutter to shut, hencwe the blurriness.



Tried the macro on the stitching of my shoe and it came out better than I expected, not quite got the lighting setting right. Guess I have a steep learning curve with this camera but I'll get there.

Got the utility sewing out of the way so time to play again. Been thinking about the two challenges, TakeitFurther challenge is to do something with the theme of someone who inspired me and my first thought was my grandmother. She's been dead now for quite some time but is still in myh heart and mind. She was the person who taught me needle skills partly due to the Quaker mentality of "the devil finds work for idle hands" but I enjoyed it. The second challenge on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/choosedaychallenge/ is 'Mask' now all I have to do is decide whether I want to go along the noun or verb route. I'll give them both some thought.

1 comment:

Guzzisue said...

Bombay Stores in Bradford? I've spent many a happy hour in there :)