Sunday 14 September 2008

Another 100 stitches block finished

I thought I'd just upload the finished blocks with the 100 Stitch challenge stitches rather than show each days work. As I've said before the pallet I'm using is very limited, deliberately so as I want to force myself to ignore all those other wonderful colours and try and do something that is almost but not quite monochromatic. There are almost nine days of stitching here, on a couple of days more than one seam treatment was given. I haven't stitched them in any particular order just put them where I thought they would fit the space. I'm now two days behind again but will catch up with them tonight. I like to have some handstitching to do when my 9 oclock curfew is reached and I go and join dh.

I've been busying trying to do my 'recycled wallhanging' for the Surface Design group and its almost finished. As its a surprise I can't show it at the moment but I'm reasonably pleased with it I just hope the recipient is.

Tomorrow is the second meeting of Serendipity and I'm really looking forward to our playday. We've decided on a burn, melt and paint day. I've been digging out all the stuff I want to take with me and before I go I thought I'd do a couple of samples to remind myself of some techniques. Can I find my UTE, nope its been stored somewhere safe, also want to find where I've put my Friendly Plastic so guess searching my stores cupboards is my exercise for the afternoon.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Your block is beautiful Annette!