I was really pleased this morning to receive Christine's beautiful wallhanging. We swapped hangings in the TextileChallenge 'Recycled Wallhanging" swap which I was pleased about, not just because I got this great wallhanging but because it kept the postage down. I feel quite a miser sometimes but postage can become expensive. Christine has bonded flowers and fabrics and machined and beaded the piece. I'm really pleased with it. Finally got my September arch done for Anni, again a TextileChallenge swap. This one is
machine felted wool tops. I used my new 12 needle Babylock embellisher to do it, the wool tops felted really quickly. Threads were felted on top and I cut leaves from the off-cuts to make leaves. Beads, sequins and hand embroidery were added at the end. I must say I'm quite impressed with my Babylock but haven't given the ribbon threader or thread guide much of a challenge so I'll have to address that later.
I have two challenges left to do this month one for the Machine-Embroidery and Machine-Felting group on the colour yellow and the shape triangle. My September TIF piece is still to do the challenge this time is 'lists'. I have an idea of what I want to do but not sure it will work out, we'll just have to wait and see.